Important tips for writing thesis that every MBA student should know
May 17, 2016 7613 Views
Thesis-writing is the must-have for an MBA course and a student needs to master it for scoring good grades. Scholars need writing MBA thesis to demonstrate the research and analysis skills; something that is expected of a student studying at higher levels of prestigious degree and post-degree courses. A thesis is the mirror of your understanding of the subject and so you cannot afford to go wrong with its presentation or content.
Why every dissertation does not win desirable grades
There are a number of mistakes that a student may be making while writing a dissertation. Check your work to find if any of these loopholes are found in your thesis too:
- Content appears shallow due to lack of ample research
- You have not outlined your work in a proper format and content is just scattered in a mindless sequence.
- Your vocabulary is poor and your selection of words is not catchy enough. It is not at par with your level of study.
- There is no mention of sources of information and it may give a fatal blow to the authenticity of your assignment.
- You have not followed university guidelines. It may become a source of discontent for your reviewer.
If any of the above points have hampered the grades, then you definitely need to sit up and notice and make changes in the way you write your dissertation.
Tips to writing high quality dissertations
MBA is a globally recognized professional degree and you are expected to come out with flying colours for ensuring yourself a flourishing career. An MBA dissertation needs to be structured properly. A lot of information pieces go into dissertation writing and your arguments are expected to be strong enough for supporting all the statements you make or facts you mention in your dissertation.
- Use authentic information sources: Research well before writing the assignment. Go through high authority sites, library resources, research journals and classroom session notes so that you can have information-rich dissertation to impress your reviewer.
- Edit and proofread: If you do not review your dissertation, many mistakes may miss your eyes. This is something you cannot afford to have if you are eyeing for excellent grades. Editing helps in chopping of useless sentences so that you can maintain proper flow in your assignment; while proof-reading helps you in checking spelling and punctuation errors that may bring clumsiness to your thesis.
- Use references and bibliography: As a responsible author, you are required to submit authentic dissertation to your reviewer. Whenever you are paraphrasing or using direct quotes, it is essential to mention the sources using valid referencing styles. All the departments across the universities of the world have specific ways of referencing and you must stick to these for better presentation as well for ensuring originality.
- Acknowledge humbly Do not forget to acknowledge in the most professional way your mentors and teachers whose help you sought for completing your thesis. Your mentor does need a heart-felt thanks and you acknowledgement offers you the best tool for doing the needful.